Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Progress is the goal.....

So it's almost been a week... I find that I have made little change this week but have made a few baby steps. One of which is as simple as putting on makeup. For now, the goal is to just get it on before Joseph gets home from work and I will work up to getting it on when I first wake up. You might know that I am NOT a morning person so morning makeup has always been near impossible for me. Yeah, I might do it for a few days, but then decide it's not really worth it and stop. Such are most of the things I set out to do.

As I mentioned last time. I need to go back to what I KNOW. One of the things I know is that I am a VERY visual person. I also react more that act, but people still call me a leader. I don't know that I'm a leader as much as I'm a person people are drawn to. So, back to what I know :-) many years ago (we'll say 11yrs) when I was making a pretty major personal overhaul I had to write EVERYWHERE the things that I wanted to change about myself or things that would encourage and remind me to be what I could be. This has brought me to typing up Proverbs 31:10-31 (overlaid on a photo of course - you know me) and I need to hang it. Unfortunately, I won't remember all the things to do, or be encouraged to do them, if I cannot see them in front of me. I wish I wasn't this way. I wish I could just say, "I want to become really good at __." or, "I want to stop __." and DO it!!! Now the only roadblock is printing and hanging the photo. Back in the day I just scribbled it on some paper on a book or binder or backpack and/or stapled it to the wall in my room.

So I got my Weighdown Workshop kit today. Will start it tomorrow since it's almost 11pm now and the day is pretty much wasted. Would be AWESOME to have someone to do it with. I just hope the girls don't catch on too much. I don't want them worrying about their weight at their age. I remember being conscious of being overweight in elementary school. Crazy side note.... back in Jr. High and High School I was bigger than everyone else, for the most part. I ALWAYS felt huge and am much larger now then I was then. The other day Tiffany (who was a gymnast and was in Miss Texas - to give you an idea of what she might look like - certainly nothing like me) was helping me go through some old high school boxes and ran across the smaller of my 2 Plaid school skirts that YES, I have held onto :-) She put on the smaller of the two, which isn't that much smaller - AND IT FIT her! This means, that the view I have had of myself has been messed up for a LONG time. Even when I was wearing smaller clothes I still felt JUST AS BIG as I do now. I thought I was HUGE. I know this isn't all that interesting to some of you, but it was a pretty big revelation to me. I have GOT to make changes and I will do my very best to not pass my issues on down to my kiddos.

Random tidbit.. loving Natalie Grant's newest album, Love Revolution (Grace rocks out to it in the car anytime I let her, but her fave song of Natalie's is "HUMAN")... my latest favorite is "DESERT SONG" . I think I would put Desert Song as my permanent Facebook status, if it would all fit.... And just as awesome as the last is "YOUR GREAT NAME" Love it Love it Love it! Enjoy them...

More to come....

2 comments:

  1. I've been here from the start, thanks for the invite. Just didn't know that I had to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ) Thanks Uncle Eddie! You will learn much more than you want to here Ha Ha. I don't think you have to sign in unless you want to "follow" and receive updates as I post them. Or if you want to post a comment. If you want to just read, you don't have to sign in.

    ReplyDelete