Monday, August 1, 2011

Small Update

We (Joseph and I) went to see Alex yesterday and I got to meet her grandmother. She was so sweet, didn't speak a word of english, but it didn't matter. Alex's mom translated for her, and I was given some compliments that about brought me to tears. The one thing she said to me in english was masked with a heavy accent. I thought she said I had "beautiful, big hair" ... and my reply was (with a huge smile).. "thank you! I have been told that a time or two. (and i touched my hair) .. I do have pretty thick hair for a white girl!" and i giggled.

The grandmother laughed and looked at Alex's mom and said in spanish "I think she thinks I'm talking about her hair.." ... and i hear the word "CORAZON", a word I well know... She was telling me how beautiful I was and that I had a big heart! Followed by how nice I was and how if mine and hers shoes were switched, she didn't think she could do what I was doing. All I could do was say "thank you". It's as if it was from God to me, confirmation for making the right choice. I'll take that compliment. Don't think I'll ever forget it. She was so precious.  :)  Alex warned up a little to Joseph which was a relief to both of us. Thank you Jesus for the blessings! I'm still coveting those prayers though so PLEASE keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. I also had tears for you! You are a very strong woman!

    Love to you,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete