Monday, November 7, 2011

Meet Alex...

We decided to take the girls to meet Alex about 6 or 7 weeks ago. We now all go visit her every other Sunday and play. My biggest fear leading up to this was how Grace and Ava would react to the fact that there was a new little sister and that they had different moms. I knew all I could do was pray about it and move forward. Praying God would give Joseph and I the RIGHT words when the time came to tell our daughters. That Joseph and I would be united in our presentation and not seem like we were on opposite teams.

I wanted it to be the best experience possible. There is no reason why the girls should have any negative feelings associated with this if we can help it. So we told them. Grace was a little perplexed. When she asked me how was it possible.. I just said "that's how God did it this time". She knows I have a half brother and we are close with him and his mom. They don't know the details there and have never questioned it - so it wasn't too big of a stretch for them when I stated that this was how God did it this time.

Ava LOVES being a big sister now and every couple of days I get asked when we are going to go see Alex. We pray for her and her older sister every night at bed time. I'm happy that for now, the girls are still so innocent. I love the mercy, grace and peace that only God can give.

So, here are a couple of pictures of our three girls at their first meeting.

Can you tell they played pretty hard before I got to take these??? :) 
More updates soon. 

I continue to pray for favor and provision, perseverance and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment