Monday, June 2, 2014

Pride and Prejudice

DONE!!!
Suffice it to say that I am not a "reader". I began reading Pride and Prejudice last summer and got about a third of the way done. LOVED IT.  You never would have known it since I put it down for months. This is one of my favorite stories, I could watch any of a number of movie adaptations, a couple of times a month. Well drumroll please... I finished it!

A friend of mine asked whether it ended as well as the movies portrayed. Answer: no. I was slightly disappointed at the ending. Maybe because even as a movie, it's a story that I really never want to see end. I secretly hoped the book had a little more emotion in the end but it did not (for me). All in all though, absolutely wonderful! Will definitely read it again!

Little note or tidbit that I ran across and truly didn't expect. Do you ever read something or see something played out and it fit you so well that it kind of took you aback? I did in this book, maybe it surprised me so because I have seen the film versions so often that I didn't expect a surprise like this...

I have touched on respect before, as it applies to me and my "Mr." Check this out though. I had to call and read it to my mom the next day, I totally fit/feel this...

Pride and Prejudice Quote

Ok so all of that to say.. Bucket List - Pride and Prejudice - CHECK!

Side note, I do believe I will do my best to attend one of the Music In The Park evenings this season! Wouldn't that be wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment