Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sabbatical

Change is an essential part of life. For some time now I have felt like I needed to make some changes but didn't have the determination to follow through. Change in areas such as:

Bed time. This effects a lot of my frustration.
Quiet time. Devotional time, prayer time or bible study daily
Eating and exercise. Duh.
Social media - has become an addiction for me.
My home being out of order due to the effects of some items listed here.
And last but definitely not least... Relationship. This is a toughie.

I have been blessed in so many ways. Work, friends, family, TCA. And you may know that the husband of a very good friend of mine is my direct supervisor at work. While some of you may think that sounds like torture, it has been a Godsend for me. I am thankful to be able to say that he and his wife are undoubtedly my advocates. I know I am exactly where God wants me where work is concerned.

He and another male coworker challenged me to finally do this. And I am so excited to see what blessings will come. I often feel like a failure due to my misuse of time and hope that to be less and less as I move forward.

I have made a private covenant as well regarding friendships and relationships which will be the hardest part of this sabbatical but I pray God uses this time like only He can.

I am tired of not being the woman I know I am supposed to be. So let's get on with it :)


One of my dearest friends read today's devotional to me from "Jesus Calling" below are today's and tomorrow's. How much better does it get, folks?







No comments:

Post a Comment